Scottsdale, Arizona (October 4, 2022) – The Throne® Troon affiliates around the world are raising awareness about breast cancer prevention and screening tests, and funding breast cancer research throughout October. Troon-owned golf course will fly pink checkered flag on its 18th courseth The Greens help raise breast cancer awareness and will host various fundraisers to support PLAY for PINK®a national charity that funds breast cancer research.
PLAY for PINK (Prevention, Point of Care, New Technology, Knowledge) supports a nationwide network of volunteers who raise funds for breast cancer research through physical and lifestyle activities to accelerate progress in prevention, detection, treatment and survival. PLAY for PINK donates 100% of its proceeds to the Breast Cancer Research Foundation.
Throughout October, the Troon-managed facility will host golf clinics, virtual events and fun game opportunities. In addition, Troon makes it easier than ever to donate to PLAY for PINK and breast cancer research by creating QR codes and donation landing pages. The QR code will be displayed at Troon affiliates worldwide, and members and guests can scan the QR code and then direct their PLAY through their favorite Troon affiliate to make a PINK donation.
Examples of PLAY for PINK global fundraisers include:
· Kapalua Bay Maui, Hawaii to hold fundraising contest on October 20th on its bay court. A portion of the campaign’s funds will be donated to the PLAY for PINK Breast Cancer Awareness Championship at $189 plus tax for non-residents and $59 plus tax for Kama’aina (Hawaii residents). Additionally, the 15th hole will offer a par-3-hit-the-green challenge. Players can donate any amount in $5 increments for a chance to hit the green and double their money in Pro Shop Points.
· La Cantera Golf Club In San Antonio, Texas, the 18th hole will have a pink flag, a pink tee on the cart and a large pink ribbon on the course. Plus, golfers who use promo code “PLAYPINK” will receive up to 20% off online prices, and each golfer will donate $10 to WINGS – valid Sunday through Thursday from 11am to 11am throughout October 3pm. La Cantera will also host the WINGS Championship on Tuesday, October 25th at 1pmthDonate a portion of the proceeds to WINGS.
· Four Seasons Cabin In Lake of the Ozarks, Missouri, we offer Stay for PINK and Play for PINK. Through the Stay for PINK program, when guests book an October night at https://4seasonsresort.com/pink and use promo code “pink22”, a portion of each night booked will be donated to the Breast Cancer Research Fund via Club PINK and guests also benefit from standard room rates. Additionally, through the Play for PINK initiative, a portion of each round of golf will be donated to the Breast Cancer Research Foundation.com/ pink and enter promo code “pink22”.
· Marin Country ClubA private club in Novato, California, will host several PLAY for PINK fundraisers for members throughout October, including golf, tennis and pickle balls.
· Montgomery Golf Club On October 11, Dubai will host Breast Cancer Awareness Day, supported by King’s College Hospital. The day will include an 18-hole golf course, followed by food and drinks, and a chance to win some great prizes.
· T-Shotz Golf and Recreation in Kansas City, Missouri to host Breast Cancer Awareness Golf Clinic starting Saturday, October 29th Hosted by golf professional Curt Pruitt from 1-3pm, the clinic will assist golfers to improve their game while supporting a great cause. All proceeds from the clinic will be donated to PLAY for PINK
· standard club, A private club in Johns Creek, Georgia, will fly their pink flag on Route 1. 18, and will launch a variety of “pink” themed cocktails throughout October. For every “pink” drink purchased from their signature cocktail list, The Standard Club donates funds to breast cancer research.
To learn more about Troon’s Play for PINK fundraising program, visit www.troon.com. For more information on Play for PINK, visit www.playforpink.org.
About the Throne
Headquartered in Scottsdale, Arizona, Troon is the world’s largest golf and golf-related hospitality company, serving more than 750 locations worldwide, including more than 725 18-hole equivalent golf courses. In addition to golf, Troon specializes in homeowners association management, private residential clubs, estate management and related hospitality venues. Troon’s award-winning food and beverage division operates and manages more than 600 food and beverage businesses located at golf resorts, private clubs, daily fee golf courses and recreational facilities. Troon brands include Troon Golf, Troon Privé, Troon International, Indigo Sports, KadyMASTER, ClubUp, Cliff Drysdale Tennis, Peter Burwash International, True Club Solutions, RealFood Hospitality, Strategy and Design, Casa Verde Golf and ICON Management. For more news and information, visit www.Troon.com.