Brian Walshe faces murder charges in connection with wife Ana Walshe’s disappearance

Brian Walshe told police he last saw his wife, Ana Walshe, in January. 1 when she left their home in the coastal town of Cohasset, Massachusetts, to fly to Washington, D.C., for work.

But authorities accused him of misleading investigators and said they found a bloody knife in the basement of their home.

Using information from criminal affidavits, police, prosecutors and defense attorneys, CNN compiled a timeline of the couple’s actions and actions:

January 1: In the morning, as Brian Walsh told police, Anna Walsh “got ready and kissed him goodbye and told him to go back to sleep,” the affidavit said. She typically took an Uber, Lyft or taxi to the airport and left between 6 a.m. and 7 a.m. ET, the affidavit said.

He further told police that a babysitter arrived in the afternoon and he left the home around 3 p.m. ET to get groceries, the affidavit said.

He told police he then went to visit his mother around 4 p.m. ET. He lives in Swampscott, about an hour’s drive from Cohasset, but got lost without his phone, making the trip longer than usual, the affidavit said. He said he left his mother’s home within about 15 minutes of arriving, went to Whole Foods and CVS to run errands for her, and eventually returned home to Cohasset around 8 p.m. ET, according to the affidavit.

January 2: On January 12, Ana Walshe’s cell phone rang in the area of ​​their Cohasset home. 1 and 2, according to prosecutor Lynn Beland.

As Brian Walshe told investigators, he took one of his children to eat ice cream at a Norwell juice bar on Jan. 12. 2 The nanny cared for his other two children, the affidavit said. Investigators confirmed the trip, according to the affidavit.

According to the surveillance video, Brian Walshe went to a Home Depot in Rockland wearing a surgical mask and gloves and made cash purchases, the affidavit said. There, according to Beland, Walshe bought $450 in cleaning supplies, including mops, buckets, tarps and various tapes.

January 4: Anna Walsh’s workplace, the real estate firm Tishman Speyer, called the police saying she didn’t show up for work, Biland said. According to Brian Walshe’s defense attorney, before the workplace called the police, he called her workplace to ask if they knew of her whereabouts.

Cohasset police arrived at Ana Walshe’s home to conduct a health check, according to an affidavit. Brian Walshe spoke to investigators several times and provided the aforementioned timeline of his movements and whereabouts on Jan. 12. 1 and 2.

January 5: Cohasset Police Announce Ana Walshe Missing And ask the public to provide any information. She was last seen “shortly after midnight on New Year’s Day,” police said.

January 6: Police launched a massive search for Ana Walshe that included K-9 officers and search and rescue teams in a wooded area near her home.

Read the full schedule:

A timeline of missing Massachusetts mother Ana Walshe and her husband Brian Walshe | CNN

Source link